Saturday, June 6, 2009

Project almost Complete

When my computer helper gets back I will have to post a picture of my new sidewalk. I think that it looks good. Of course,when Chuck started it he wanted to know if I wanted a pattern. I didn't want to make it to difficult for him so I said, "no."

Now that it is done I wish that I had a cute little design but ..............I guess I will be happy with what I have.

Of course, I have to thank Luc for his help & his pushing for Chuck to go out and work. Thanks Luc, I don't know what I would do without you!

This week has been one of just doing whatever we wanted. Lyss & Luc started their summer reading program. That means that Luc got to read to me for a change. He did real well & it was fun. Lyss can just read for herself and she finished one book & has started another.

One day after watching tv for a while Lyss helped me cleaned out the pantry. There was some food that I didn't think we were going to eat so we bagged it up & then took it to the food pantry. I know someone will enjoy what I thought we wanted at one time. Yes, in case you are wondering, the food was good. The lady at the food pantry was very happy to get it and the kids loaded it right into her van; as she was headed to Utica. We have so much to be thankful for, don't we?

Today we left here and went to Panera Bread for breakfast. Of course, it was good. Then it was off to Rome to leave some stuff at Salvation Army. When we left there of course, I had to stop st DD and get tea! I just cant get by one of those places :)

After Rome, we went to Oneida for a free ice cream cone at Friendly's. Then it was home we came.

Since we have been home we have watched like 3 hours of "Dirty Jobs" some of the jobs that guy does are most disgusting & make you want to "barf." Give me "JAG" any day! I have to be more flexible when someone else want to watch tv.

Oh yes, to add to the excitement of the week, there was another funeral! This guy was in his nineties & he is so much better off now. He was a good friend of the Welch family somehow! It is rather involved so I won't bore you with the details. I don't think I have had to deal with so many deaths in such a short time. Even as I write this a man from church has passed on to glory! PTL! he has been in the extended care for quite some time.

Well, tomorrow is church & then out to dinner. Lyss wants to go to Quacks for the breakfast buffet.

Hope you all have a nice Sunday! To Ty & Beth, I miss you very much & I love you lots!

1 comment:

Grape News said...

I want free ice cream from Friendly's!